Status update: I’ve made friends with the plan. Almost.
09 Monday Apr 2012
A couple of months ago I took my plan for the year public to goad myself into sticking to it. It’s time to reflect and see how I’m progressing against my goals.
- Send out one new story per month: behind by two stories. I’m not going to catch up this month but I want to be behind by only one story by next month.
- Send each story out at least five times before retiring: in progress (am circulating Neon Tetra Suicides, Space Carrot, L.V.I.S. and the flash version of Liz & Bob). It’s been suggested that sending them out five times isn’t enough so some of them might go out a few more times.
- Start plotting novel: I’ve started and am making progress. I’ll publish some of my scrawls later for the fun of it.
- Start writing novel: planned for June.
- Apply to Story Shop:
looking dicey since I haven’t managed to get published yetI’m keeping an eye open for the call for stories. Last year it was released in May.
- Do three spoken performances: I’m upgrading this to four and am two down.