I had targets and goals. A plan. It’s been four months since my last update so it’s time to have a hard look at where I am against it.
- Send out one new story per month: it kind of depends on how you count it, but I think I’m still behind by one story. Editing. I need to finish editing the three stories that are sitting in my pile, waiting to be finished and submitted.
- Send each story out at least five times before retiring: in progress. I have five stories doing the rounds at the moment.
- Start plotting novel: I won’t claim that it’s entirely complete, but I’m far along enough that I can get started.
- Start writing novel: started. I’ve got some 15,000 words which means I’m behind.
- Apply to Story Shop: total fail. My story did not get selected. Better luck next year.
- Do three spoken performances: three down, one to go.
That was as far as I got the last time I took stock. Since then I’ve added goals…
- Make £75 from writing: done. Once the cheques arrive.
- Get four stories published: three down, one to go. (The Wolf at the Door was on Flashes in the Dark in May, Foundling will be in New Writing Scotland 30 in august, and Salanntúr will be in The Seven Wonders of Scotland in October.) I’ve got five months to sell one more story. Wish me luck!
3 comments on “Status update: successes and failures”
Hey, I find the kinks are where the money is! 😉
You are very … målmedveten. Now what’s that in English? Targetaware-:)
Focused, tror jag… 🙂